[NHCOLL-L:1731] Acidity

Heidi Fourie fourie.h at nfi.co.za
Tue Oct 22 04:53:10 EDT 2002

Everyone,

I was asked by several people if I am sure the acidity was 2.0.  According to the lady who had it tested, what they did was to test the blotting paper on either side of the paintings/drawings.  She said that none of the papers had a pH higher than 3.0.  I don't think the air in there will have this kind of pH.  Unfortunately as a Natural History Museum we do not have our own pH meters, but work together with the Cultural History Museum.
I hope this is more clear.  I'll ask her to contact our National Archives.
Heidi Fourie