[NHCOLL-L:2004] position available - curatorial assistant -

Ken Johnson kjohnson at nhm.org
Fri Jul 18 21:09:09 EDT 2003

CURATORIAL ASSISTANT - INVERTEBRATE PALEONTOLOGY/MALACOLOGY
The Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County seeks a Curatorial Assistant
to join a new project in Invertebrate Paleontology.  Professional
responsibilities include providing technical, curatorial, and clerical
support to for the curation and cataloging of our world-class collections of
Pleistocene mollusks from Western North America.

The successful candidate will meet the following requirements:
* An undergraduate degree with specialization in an appropriate discipline.
* At least 1 year of experience working with invertebrate collections.
* Interest in Pleistocene and Recent mollusks of Western North America.
* Some knowledge of the general principles of collections databases.
* Excellent communication skills and ability to work as part of a team.

This is a full time, regular, non-exempt, overtime eligible position that is
available as of September 1, 2003. The position is supported by a grant from
the National Science Foundation.  Currently funding is available for 24
months with a possible extension after this term.

Review of applications begins immediately and continues until position is
filled.  Interested candidates should send a cover letter, Curriculum Vitae,
and contact information for three references to the address below.  You may
also fax to 213-765-4951 or send email to jobs at nhm.org with the position
title or code in the subject line.

The Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County is an Equal Opportunity
Employer.  We routinely update our job pages, including the status of each
recruit, at www.nhm.org/jobs

---
Ken Johnson
Department of Invertebrate Paleontology