[NHCOLL-L:2492] Natural History Conservation and Preservation Training

Bentley, Andrew Charles abentley at ku.edu
Tue Dec 7 16:20:35 EST 2004

Hi Talita

I am an ex South African (worked at the JLB Smith Institute as collection manager) now working at the Natural History Museum in Lawrence, Kansas.  I am also involved in SPNHC in editing the newsletter and have numerous contacts that I think may be able to assist you

I think anyone interested in helping you out would need to know more detail about what sort of training you require?  What subject matter is of importance to you to have covered?  How many people?  Just your museum or other SA museums too?  Where would this training take place?  How long do you envisage this training taking (not necessarily something you can answer I know)?  When would it be ideal for this training to take place (urgent need??)?

I would be happy to convey this information to various people that I think would be able to help

   A  :             A  :             A  :
}<(((_°>.,.,.,.}<(((_°>.,.,.,.}<)))_°>
   V                V                V
Andy Bentley
Ichthyology Collection Manager
University of Kansas
Natural History Museum & Biodiversity Research Center
Dyche Hall
1345 Jayhawk Boulevard
Lawrence, KS, 66045-7561
USA