[NHCOLL-L:2285] Re: Appropriate Crack filler

Fothergill, Helen (LIFELONG LEARNING) Helen.Fothergill at plymouth.gov.uk
Wed May 12 13:03:14 EDT 2004

Hi
I have used a closed-cell foam here in UK that is available in different
densities, thicknessess and colours (including black & grey)
send for a sample pack: http://www.zotefoams-usa.com/

I've used this for housing fossils as well as making packing wedges
cuts well with a new scalpel blade (tends to blunt steel edges quickly ...
then cuts are ragged)
also cuts using hot wire tool very well to give smooth and 'fluid' edges to
fit to curves

Helen Fothergill
Keeper of Natural History
Plymouth City Museum & Art Gallery
Drake Circus, Plymouth, Devon, PL4 8AJ
T: 01752 304774          F: 01752 304775
W: www.plymouthmuseum.gov.uk