[NHCOLL-L:2436] Re: Evaporation, taping of jars

Laura Smyk LSmyk at mus-nature.ca
Tue Sep 28 14:48:50 EDT 2004

We tape our jars here at the Canadian Museum of Nature. An article you will
find useful is:
Steigerwald, M., and S. Laframboise. 1996. Tape application: a jar sealing
method for reducing ethanol evaporation in fluid-preserved collections.
Collection Forum, 12 (2): 45-54.

The tape we had been using was recently (in the past few years) discontinued
by 3M.  Our replacement is from:
Spectape Inc.
2771 Circleport Drive,
Erlanger, KY 41018
(859) 283-2044
(859) 283-2068
polypropylene tape with acryclic adhesive
ST-408C (blue).

Laura Smyk (Passmore)
Conservation Technician
Canadian Museum of Nature