[NHCOLL-L:2621] users of non-bleeding, ethanol resistant ink distributed by Access Computers- PLEASE RESPOND

Jessica Rosales rosales at mail.utexas.edu
Mon Apr 11 14:08:40 EDT 2005

Please excuse this cross-posting.

This is for those of you who use the non-bleeding, ethanol resistant ink
available through Access Computers.  Please let me know ASAP how many
collections out there use it, and the approximate number of purchases per
year (for each specific collection).

We (the ASIH Supplies & Practices subcommittee) are submitting this survey
because we have been informed that the ink distributor is having
difficulties making the ink available.  Although so far he seems reluctant
to disclose the name/contact information of the manufacturer, we think it
would be helpful to get a head count.  Then a letter from the S&P
subcommittee (and possibly from SPNHC as well) could be drafted, so that
both manufacturer and distributor will have an idea of how much of a demand
there still is for this ink.  From there we would like to try to work with
both the manufacturer and distributor to help resolve whatever
conflicts/problems there may be.

We realize that collections are more and more heading towards thermal
printing, but we would like to try to get this resolved if possible for
those of you who currently use this ink.

Thank you for your time,

-Jess

Jessica Rosales
Ichthyology Collection Manager