[NHCOLL-L:2629] Preparation of chondrichthyan skeleton

Alexandra M. Snyder amsnyder at unm.edu
Tue Apr 19 12:26:06 EDT 2005

A docent with our city Biological Park, Education Department, would like to
do a skeletal prep of the jaws of a sting ray, a mortality received from
the aquarium.  They asked me for my advice and since I do not have any
experience in preparing skeletons of these fishes, I volunteered to find
out.  If anyone on this list has information or ideas on how to prepare
cartilaginous skeletons I would appreciate hearing from you.  Thank you.
Alexandra M. Snyder, Collections Manager
Division of Fishes  MSC03-2020
Museum of Southwestern Biology CERIA 83
University of New Mexico
Albuquerque NM 87131 USA