[NHCOLL-L:3096] Re: DMSO

Randy Mercurio mercurio at amnh.org
Fri Jun 2 18:43:21 EDT 2006

I am  not sure if these names are listed with the BoA, however, on an
MSDS the synonyms for DMSO are Methyl sulfoxide, Sulfinylbis[Methane]
which I obtained from:
http://www.jtbaker.com/msds/englishhtml/d7120.htm and as follows:
Synonyms: dimethyl sulphoxide, dimethyl sulfoxide, DMSO,
methylsulfinylmethane, A 10846, deltan, demeso, demasorb, demavet,
demsodrox, dermasorb, dimexide, DMS-70, DMS-90, hyadur, infiltrina,
somipront, SQ 9453, syntexan, topsym, numerous other trade names.....
this is from: http://physchem.ox.ac.uk/MSDS/ME/methyl_sulfoxide.html

I can't seem to find the obvious chemical names in the 2004 IATA,
45th edition, book. ~ Randy

mercurio at amnh.org
http://scorpion.amnh.org/