[NHCOLL-L:3486] Research collections being used for artistic purposes?

Richard Rosenblatt rrosenblatt at ucsd.edu
Tue Jul 3 15:14:03 EDT 2007

We have often let photographers use specimens from the Scripps
Institution of Oceanography Marine Vertebrate collection, always
under our supervision until we became familiar with them. One
stipulation I made is that a copy of each photo be given to us for
non-commercial use. We have in that way acquired some stunning photos
useful in teaching or just documenting the collection. We have never
charged artists for use of the collection.