[NHCOLL-L:3504] Sending materials to Brazilian researchers on loan

Fabio Penati fpenati at comune.genova.it
Thu Jul 26 04:52:51 EDT 2007

Dear colleagues,

at the Museum of Natural History "G. Doria" of Genua (Italy) we are facing the problem of sending type specimens (dried and preserved in alcool) of the entomological collections to Brazilian researchers.
In fact, we have heard that present Brazilian laws originate a lot of troubles in sending and receiving materials even though for scientific purposes. For this reason, we are afraid of encountering difficulties with the return of our specimens from Brazil to Italy.
Nevertheless, we don't want to deny a loan, unless very good reasons exist.
I'll be glad of reading your opinions about this subject and, above all, your good/bad experiences.
Every suggestion will be welcome!

Cheers,
Fabio

Dr. Fabio Penati
Curator
Museo Civico di Storia Naturale "Giacomo Doria"
Via Brigata Liguria, 9
I-16121 Genova, Italia
tel. (+39) 010 564567, 010 582171
fax (+39) 010 566319