[NHCOLL-L:3616] Natural history museum (fish systematics) Listservers in South America, Europe, China, Japan, Australia/New Zealand?

Willem Coetzer w.coetzer at ru.ac.za
Wed Oct 31 03:46:08 EDT 2007

Good day

Does anyone know of large listservers (well-subscribed) in South America,
Europe, China, Japan and Australia/New Zealand?  We need to reach as many
people as we can who are active in fish taxonomy and systematics, or at
least in the area of natural history museum collections.  If anyone knows of
listservers dedicated to fish systematics (preferably all fish, but even
specific taxa) that are within the NHCOLL-L 'distribution range', that would
also be useful information.

I searched the L-Soft Catalog for 'fish' and this resulted in quite a few
lists created for the purposes of sharing 'fish camp' experiences, but also
EUROFISH-L at NIC.MUSEUM
<http://www.lsoft.com/scripts/wl.exe?SL1=EUROFISH-L&H=NIC.MUSEUM> .
'Taxonomy' didn't produce very promising results.  'Systematics' resulted in
CICHLID-L at NIC.MUSEUM
<http://www.lsoft.com/scripts/wl.exe?SL1=CICHLID-L&H=NIC.MUSEUM> , which
looks very useful.

Perhaps there are lists / discussion fora(ums) that do not employ the
Listserv software.

Thank you

Willem Coetzer

GIS and Information Management

South African Institute for Aquatic Biodiversity

Grahamstown