[NHCOLL-L:3994] placing a value on a donated specimen

Wehtje, Walter G. wehtjew at missouri.edu
Sun Oct 12 14:27:35 EDT 2008

Our collection was just given a mounted Heath Hen from a private individual. It's in the Victorian style, hanging by a leg on against a wooden background with a glass dome covering it. It's meant to be hung on a wall and is in very good condition. The person would like to claim a tax deduction for this gift, but I haven't a clue as to what fair market value for such an item might be. Does anyone have an idea what the value may be, or where I might find someone willing to put a price on it?

Thanks,

Walter Wehtje