[NHCOLL-L:4040] RE: Cleaning dioramas

Margaret Geiss-Mooney mgmooney at moonware.net
Tue Oct 28 14:21:02 EDT 2008

Good afternoon, NHCOLLers - I highly recommend the use of a piece of nylon
tulle rubber-banded around the end of the nozzle fitted to the end of the
vacuum hose to serve as the screening material. You can get a roll of the
stuff for less than $3 at a local fabric store in the bridal section. It is
about 6" wide on the roll so you don't have to hassle with yardage. I stress
that it is the finer mesh tulle, and NOT the coarser nylon netting. Change
pieces of tulle in between specimans to prevent any cross-contamination
issues.

Regards,

Meg

Margaret (Meg) Geiss-Mooney

Textile/Costume Conservator &

Collections Management Consultant

Professional Associate, AIC

mgmooney at moonware.net

  _____

.I'd appreciate hearing from anyone who's got established or improvised
techniques or tools or has tips about being efficient at this..

10:04 AM