[NHCOLL-L:4067] Re: Archival storage boxes

Thomas Labedz tlabedz1 at unl.edu
Fri Oct 31 12:29:16 EDT 2008

Susan

Several museums in the midwest use All-Packaging in Kansas City.  They
custom make boxes and can use archival quality materials if requested.
1515 West Ninth Street, Kansas City, MO 64101.  800-229-3711.

This past summer I ordered boxes for osteo collections.  7-7/16" x
4-11/16" x 3-11/16" -- 1-1/2" (the last number being the depth of the
lid)  Two piece set-up box made of 35pt white vat acid free board
tightwrapped base and lid in acid free white litho paper.  My quote
ranged from $4.42 each for 100 to $2.45 each for 500.  Plus shipping.
I would expect the prices to have gone up since then.

All-Packaging has been very helpful in the past, even to the point of
allowing multiple museums to order from same run (same size and
material), thus allowing a cheaper per unit price, and then shipping
and billing separately to each museum.

Thomas Labedz, Collections Manager
Division of Botany and Division of Zoology
University of Nebraska State Museum
W-436 Nebraska Hall
Lincoln, NE  68588-0514
tlabedz1 at unl.edu    www.museum.unl.edu