[NHCOLL-L:4449] FW: statement for peers - theft from NHM

Watkins-Colwell, Gregory gregory.watkins-colwell at yale.edu
Thu Aug 13 08:49:53 EDT 2009

Posted for Clare Valentine [c.valentine at nhm.ac.uk]

Dear All,
This has been released to the UK press at 11.30am today in a joint press conference by the NHM (Richard Lane - Director of Science) and the Hertfordshire police. We will also be telling key bird curators, and releasing it to various bird curator mailbases to let colleagues around the world know what has happened to us as we were quite obviously targeted.
Although we are only able to release certain amounts of information due to this being an on-going case we felt it our duty to let colleagues know and have the agreement of the police to do so, so if you have any questions we will do our best to answer them. You can either contact me or Mark Adams in the Bird Group.
Best wishes,

Clare Valentine
Head of  Collections
Department of Zoology