[NHCOLL-L:4480] Curatorial Assistant position available in Los Angeles

Regina Wetzer rwetzer at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 16:51:28 EDT 2009

We invite applications for the position of Curatorial Assistant in our
Marine Biodiversity Center.  This position will complement existing
staff and requires excellent organization and communication skills.
The successful individual will assist with curation, sorting,
databasing, and physical integration of collections into the museum’s
vast marine invertebrate collections.  We seek an individual with
experience with marine invertebrates.  The applicant should have a
B.S. degree in Biology, preferably knowledge of and experience with
contemporary museum collection management and specimen conservation
techniques.  The individual we are seeking must be resourceful and
have excellent interpersonal skills.  Learn more about the Museum by
visiting http://www.nhm.org.  For an overview of the Center visit http://collections.nhm.org
.
This position is full-time with benefits and is available immediately.
Please send your curriculum vitae, name and contact information for
three referees, and a cover letter that describes your curatorial
experience to:
Regina Wetzer, PhD.
Director, Marine Biodiversity Center
900 Exposition Blvd., Los Angeles, CA  90007
rwetzer at nhm.org