[NHCOLL-L:4370] California condor specimen histories

Sanford Wilbur symbios at ix.netcom.com
Thu Jun 25 14:05:52 EDT 2009

Thanks to all of you who provided information  on California condor
specimens in museums. You notified me of about a half-dozen that I
hadn't had on my list, bringing my total of known condor mortalities
(not all preserved) to 402 birds. This is an increase of 100 records
from the list I prepared in 1978, thanks to the wonders of internet
communication and WorldWide Web resources (not even dreamed of in the
"Dark Ages" of the 1970s, when we wrote letters to colleagues and
sometimes waited weeks for a response).
   I've included on my website the list of institutions that have
California condors, along with a description of what I'm doing (and
why). I've also included a long list of further information I'm seeking
to further build on the historical records. If you have any information
or suggestions, I'd be pleased to hear from you.  The webpage is:
    http://www.condortales.com/deadcondors.html

Thanks again.
Sanford "Sandy" Wilbur
Gresham, Oregon U. S. A.