[NHCOLL-L:4847] Charles Chamberlain Lantern Slides

Mary Ann Schmidt maryanns at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Jul 1 10:05:09 EDT 2010

I apologize for any cross-posting. Note: I'm posting this for a
colleague; please respond to him, not me.

Hi,

We were cleaning out some old botany labs, and found a collection of
several hundred glass lantern slides (8x10 cm) that probably belonged to
Charles Chamberlain, an authority on cycads.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Joseph_Chamberlain

Most of the collection appears to be a set of teaching slides for
general botany and local flora, but some are of cycads and Weltwischia
in the field, and I think one may be an image of Chamberlain.  Most are
black and white, but some are color; dates range from 1910 or so to 1920's

Would you be interested in these?

Best,
Mark
Mark Whitten