[NHCOLL-L:4857] Infinity long-distance microscope

Paul Callomon callomon at ansp.org
Tue Jul 6 12:53:47 EDT 2010

Folks

Does anyone in NH-COLL land have experience with (or better yet, own) the Infinity K2 long-distance microscope? We are looking at this for imaging small (1-5 mm) mollusk specimens as part of an upcoming program. I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has one or who has used one, and in seeing some of the resulting images.

I'd also appreciate hearing about any good alternative setups for producing high-resolution (12 mpx or better) pictures of objects in that size range with decent depth of field, but without going the photo-montage route.

PC.

Paul Callomon
Collections Manager
Malacology, Invertebrate Paleontology and General Invertebrates
Department of Malacology
Academy of Natural Sciences
1900 Parkway, Philadelphia PA 19103-1195, USA
Tel 215-405-5096
Fax 215-299-1170