[NHCOLL-L:4871] reprint 4 u

malcolm McCallum malcolm.mccallum at herpconbio.org
Thu Jul 15 23:02:59 EDT 2010

For anyone who this might be useful, a teaching method I contrived just came
out in the Bulletin of the Ecological Society of America.  It should click
through to the article, if not, I typed out the link address below.

McCallum, M.L. 2010. A method for encouraging classroom discussion of
scientific papers. Bulletin of the Ecological Society of America
91(3):363-366. http://www.esajournals.org/doi/pdf/10.1890/0012-9623-91.3.363<http://www.esajournals.org/doi/pdf/10.1890/0012-9623-91.3.363>

Malcolm L. McCallum
Managing Editor,
Herpetological Conservation and Biology

1880's: "There's lots of good fish in the sea"  W.S. Gilbert
1990's:  Many fish stocks depleted due to overfishing, habitat loss,
            and pollution.
2000:  Marine reserves, ecosystem restoration, and pollution reduction
          MAY help restore populations.
2022: Soylent Green is People!

contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not