[NHCOLL-L:5032] Fwd: EU shipments

Carol Spencer atrox10 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 14:22:03 EDT 2010

Hi Greg,
We have sent items to Finland and Greece very recently and these did not
require any vet statements. Besides the correct labeling for ethanol, we
labeled everything "Scientific samples" and never say anything like
"Lizards", Salamanders etc. We did have something come back from Germany a
while ago because they thought it was a live lizard. And we did have a
problem with vet labels for China, but we sent some more documentation and
our researchers were able to get the tissues.
I am sending some specimens to Spain in a week, so would be interested to
hear from anyone about that.

Cheers,
Carol

--
Carol L. Spencer, Ph.D.
Staff Curator of Herpetology & Researcher
atrox10 at gmail.com
atrox at berkeley.edu
TEL: 510-643-5778 /FAX: 510-643-8238

http://www.herpnet.org