[NHCOLL-L:5515] wondering about taxidermy

Bryant, James JBRYANT at riversideca.gov
Wed Jun 15 17:19:48 EDT 2011

Perhaps some of us are tired of interdisciplinary musings about taxidermy, but I'm afraid I always enjoy learning about a new point of view. Recently a colleague passed along an article written by Rachel Polquin (see http://www.alumni.ubc.ca/2011/trek/2011-spring/the-beastly-art-of-taxidermy/). It turns out she has a book on the subject, to be released in the new year, as well as a blog (the current site happening to feature a nice video on the conservation of taxidermy mounts; see http://www.ravishingbeasts.com/).

James M. Bryant
Curator of Natural History
Museum Department, City of Riverside
3580 Mission Inn Avenue