[NHCOLL-L:5325] Re: Fluid preservation course in UK

John E Simmons simmons.johne at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 23:32:33 EST 2011

I participated in Simon's fluid preservation course at the Horniman in
November 2010 and I personally encourage everyone who is interested in fluid
preserved collections--particularly those of you who work with old
collections--to take this workshop if you can. Simon is a terrific
instructor and the Horniman facilities are excellent.  You will learn a lot
of very useful things.  A write-up about the course is due to appear in the
upcoming SPNHC Newsletter.

There is a very reasonable bed and breakfast a short walk from the museum
and near the train lines.  Feel free to contact me off-list if you would
like to know the details about the B&B.

--John

John E. Simmons
Museologica
128 E. Burnside Street
Bellefonte, Pennsylvania 16823-2010
simmons.johne at gmail.com
303-681-5708
www.museologica.com
and
Adjunct Curator of Collections
Earth and Mineral Science Museum & Art Gallery
Penn State University
University Park, Pennsylvania