[NHCOLL-L:5730] Re: Stainless steel specimen tanks

Erling Holm erlingh at rom.on.ca
Tue Nov 15 13:13:03 EST 2011

Hi Leslie,

We have been very happy with the stainless tanks that a local company has manufactured. The company is:

Iso-Lux Manufacturing Company Ltd.
105 Anderson Avenue
Markham, ON L6E 1A4
Contact: Jim Dobson 905-471-3461 email: jdobson.isolux at bellnet.ca

Iso-Lux manufactured 30" long X 18" wide X 24" tall tanks including metal dollies for us for a little over $700 each last year. They have also made much larger tanks. The lid is designed with the seal on the lid. Alternatively, you can also get them from:

THE STEEL FIXTURE MFG. COMPANY
612 SE 7th Street Phone: 785-233-8911
Topeka, KS 66607-1109 Fax: 785-233-8477
800-342-9180 E-Mail: roger at steelfixture.com

Erling

Erling Holm
Assistant Curator of Fishes
Department of Natural History
Royal Ontario Museum
100 Queens Park
Toronto, ON
Canada M5S 2C6
Telephone: 416-586-5760 (Toronto); 905-825-3215 (Oakville)
Fax: 416-586-5553
email: erlingh at rom.on.ca

>>> "Leslie Skibinski" <LSkibinski at delmnh.org> Tuesday, November 15, 2011 12:00 PM >>>
Hello everyone,

I am looking for a supplier of stainless steel specimen tanks.  We only
need one at this time.  The specimen is a squid (mantle length 30+ cm
plus tentacles).

Any advice on suppliers would be appreciated.  Contact me off-list if
you prefer.

Thanks,

--Leslie

Leslie L. Skibinski