[NHCOLL-L:5732] FW: SPNHC - R&G Committee

Judith Price JPRICE at mus-nature.ca
Thu Nov 17 13:56:03 EST 2011

FYI
From: Rabeler, Richard [rabeler at umich.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, November 16, 2011 11:14 PM
To: Judith Price
Subject: RE: SPNHC - R&G Committee

SECOND CALL FOR NOMINATIONS FOR THE PRESIDENT'S AWARD AND CAROLYN ROSE AWARD

Since my inbox was devoid of any completed nomination package for either of the awards, the Recognition and Grants Committee has decided to extend the deadline by 45 days until 15 December 2011.  We sincerely feel that awards are an important part of our society and we know that there are deserving folks among our members who both merit the recognition and would appreciate the award.  Since some might ask who has already received one of these awards, I'll help you by reproducing the list of recipients below.

The Recognition and Grants Committee is requesting nominations for the President's Award and the Carolyn Rose Award.

*       The President's Award is presented to a member, or former member, whose activities have furthered the objectives of the Society through outstanding committee work, prolonged officer roles, or promotion of activities of the Society.

*       The Carolyn Rose Award is our Society's highest honor and given to a practitioner (membership not required) whose work and efforts have promoted the values and objectives of the Society.

Nominations should include a letter of nomination, a current curriculum vitae, and letters of recommendations.

Questions and nominations should be directed to the Chair of the Recognition & Grants Committee, Rich Rabeler (rabeler at umich.edu) and must be submitted by December 15, 2011.

The CAROLYN ROSE AWARD:

1993: Mary-Lou Florian
2002: Carolyn Rose
2008: Stephen L. Williams
2010: Robert Waller
2011: John Simmons

The PRESIDENT'S AWARD:

1993: Suzanne McLaren
1995: Paisley Cato
1998: Janet Waddington
1999: Steve Williams
2000: Julia Golden
2001: Carolyn Rose
2002: Ann Pinzl
2003: Cathy Hawks
2008: Lisa Palmer
2011: Andy Bentley

Time to think -  my e-mail box is standing by to receive nominations!

Sincerely,

Richard K. Rabeler
Chair, Recognition and Grants Committee
rabeler at umich.edu