[NHCOLL-L:5702] 1 litre jars with 100mm openings

Frederick, Moretta RBCM:EX MFrederick at royalbcmuseum.bc.ca
Tue Oct 25 11:31:55 EDT 2011

We have been using in our collection a 1L glass jar that has a 100-400 style opening.  The jars are a little narrower at the base, but are straight sided, making it easy to get material in and out.  Dimensions are 160mm tall, ~90mm diameter at base, with an opening that takes a 100mm lid.
We are running out of our supply, and I am trying to find a new source for jars of this type.  We need the jars only - our supply of lids is still good.  Does anyone use jars like these or have an idea of where I might get some?  I have contacted several companies, including Kols/O'Berk and Fillmore containers, with no success.
I'm not picky about the exact dimensions of the jars but it would be really nice to find something that we can use with our 100mm lids!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you might have.

Regards,

Moretta
Moretta Frederick      Collections Manager, Invertebrates, Fish, Amphibians, Reptiles  |  Natural History

[cid:image002.jpg at 01CC92F0.8D9B3FF0]
675 Belleville Street, Victoria, BC Canada V8W 9W2
T 250 387-2932
MFrederick at royalbcmuseum.bc.ca<mailto:MFrederick at royalbcmuseum.bc.ca>   |   www.royalbcmuseum.bc.ca<http://www.royalbcmuseum.bc.ca>   |   www.bcarchives.bc.ca<http://www.bcarchives.bc.ca>
Live @ Lunch - War Posters & Campaign Medals in Our Collections. 12-1 pm, Wed Nov 2. Free.
Remembrance Commemorations - School programs, displays by veterans and community groups, curatorial
talks and highlighted RBCM collections. A partnership with Veterans Affairs Canada. 10am-5pm, Nov 7-11. Free.