[Nhcoll-l] Help with Eggs

Couteaufin at aol.com Couteaufin at aol.com
Tue Jun 5 14:27:39 EDT 2012

Hi Sue,

I used to line eggs that might be handled with paraffin wax.  Just  pour
molten wax into the shell through the 'blowhole', put a thumb over the hole
and gently turn the egg to spread the molten wax before it sets.  This  would
substantially lengthen the lives of eggshells that were handled.

With all good  wishes, Simon

Simon Moore MIScT, FLS, ACR,
Conservator of Natural  Sciences,

_www.natural-history-conservation.com_