[Nhcoll-l] Outsourcing prep

Desjardins, R.B. Becky.Desjardins at ncbnaturalis.nl
Tue Jun 12 02:44:01 EDT 2012

Thanks everyone for your advice and thoughts on this matter. I  appreciate it.   One issue that has not been raised yet is that:  I suspect that anyone who knows how to do this work, and do it well, is already associated with a museum and not willing to take on any more. Or if they are (like the few offers I have gotten) we would have to wait until their schedules are open, rather than be on our time table.

Naturalis does have a "Live Science" area where bird or mammal specimen prep is performed every day for the public and it is wildly popular.  My guess is that they would keep this but all other prep would go.

Thanks again,

Becky Desjardins

NCB Naturalis
Leiden, Netherlands