[Nhcoll-l] Two missing field notebooks and maps of William H. Twenhofel

Jessica Utrup jessica.utrup at yale.edu
Thu Jun 28 12:13:33 EDT 2012

In 1909 Twenhofel did his Ph.D. field work on Anticosti Island.  He
returned to Yale with collections, two field notebooks, and field maps.
  We know the notebooks and maps were here in at least 1963, when
MacClintock first started organizing his collections.  By 1975 we have
letters indicating they were missing from our files.  In 1995 we sent
out a bulk mailing to those who would likely have used the collections,
and a recall notice was published in Journal of Paleontology.  No luck.
     This is a request to all collections-related people to give it one
last thorough look through their archives, and to question any
paleontologists within earshot regarding these missing notebooks and maps.

Your participation in this effort will be greatly appreciated.
Susan Butts, Sr. Collections Manager
Jessica Utrup, Museum Assistant
Cope MacClintock,  Resident Fossil
--