[Nhcoll-l] last call for surplus 5-gal jars

Cindy Ramotnik ramotnik at unm.edu
Thu Nov 8 18:22:43 EST 2012

Thanks to all of you who have worked with me to ship our surplus jars to you.  I am now down to the last 5-gal jars (N=22) and would like to offer them one final time before they are tossed at the end of the year.  If you can cover the shipping costs, I'm willing to pack them up and ship them.  The jars (see jar on right in photo) previously contained fishes stored in ethanol.  Although the jars have been washed they are not suitable for personal use but are still perfectly suitable for storing large fluid-preserved specimens.  Dimensions are as follows: 18 inches tall x 8.5 inches diameter, weight 13 pounds. Lids are no longer available but they take a screw top metal lid, 130 mm diameter. If you’re in the area you're always welcome to stop by and pick them up. Call or write off-list if you have any questions.

Cindy

Cindy Ramotnik
U.S. Geological Survey
Department of Biology