[Nhcoll-l] Import to China

Mariko Kageyama aspeciosus at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 12 21:01:52 EST 2012

Dirk,

We have not shipped specimens to China so we cannot share experiences, but with permission, I copy below a comment from one of our fellow colleagues at the Beijing Museum of Natural History.

********
The CR Code means Customs Registration Code. The Chinese companies that usually do foreign trades have to register the companies in the Custom in China. After registration, companies will get a 10-digi code. But most museums do not have a code. If you want to ship some natural history specimens, you'd better ask the organizations you want to ship to beforehand if they have the code.

If you want to ship the specimen to museums in China, you do not need to write the Code, only the address is OK. Then the destination museum will go through some formalities to get the specimens. But it depends on what kind of specimens. Some are forbidden to import. You'd better contact the destination you want to send the specimens to.
********

Hope this helps.

Mariko

Mariko Kageyama
Collections Manager, Vertebrate Zoology
University of Colorado Museum of Natural History
Boulder, Colorado 80309-0265
U.S.A.