[Nhcoll-l] NIBA Implementation Plan available for public comment

Richard Rabeler rabeler at umich.edu
Tue Nov 13 23:05:06 EST 2012

Colleagues:

 **See the message below from Rob Gropp announcing that the NIBA (Network
Integrated Biocollections Alliance) Implementation Plan, identifying goals
and milestones toward a more comprehensive digitization of US natural
history collections, is now available for public comment from now until the
26th of November.

This is an important chance to react to the document and provide input into
the final document!

Rich Rabeler, MICH

 *From: *Robert Gropp <rgropp at aibs.org>
*Date: *Tuesday, November 13, 2012 7:58 AM

 On behalf of the workshop organizers and the writing committee, I am
pleased to let you know that a solid draft Implementation Plan for the NIBA
is now ready for public comment.  The plan is available at
http://blogs.aibs.org/niba/ .  Comments may be posted to the comment
section of this website or submitted via email to publicpolicy at aibs.org.  **
**

** **

Unfortunately, we only have a small window of opportunity to solicit,
consider and incorporate public comments.  However, the writing committee
has pledged to consider and address all suggestions received by November
26, 2012.  ****

** **

The writing committee is also very interested in comments and suggestions
from stakeholders who did not participate in the September workshop.  Thus,
we are requesting that you refer interested colleagues to the website and
encourage them to carefully review the document and provide any comments. **
**

** **

Once again, thank you for your participation and continuing efforts toward
the goal of developing an Implementation Plan for the Network Integrated
Biocollections Alliance. ****

** **

Thank you,****

Robert Gropp****

AIBS****

- Become an advocate for biology at the AIBS Legislative Action Center
http://capwiz.com/aibs/home/

- Communicating Science: A Primer for Working with the Media -- A new
publication from the AIBS Public Policy Office.  Buy your copy today, go
to: http://webstore.aibs.org

- Receive the latest science policy news, sign up for the AIBS Public
Policy Report at http://www.aibs.org/public-policy-signup/

Robert Gropp, Ph.D.
Director, Public Policy Office
American Institute of Biological Sciences
1444 I (Eye) Street, NW, Suite 200
Washington, DC 20005
Phone: 202-628-1500 x 250
Fax: 202-628-1509