[Nhcoll-l] Display of "roadkill"

Poly, William WPoly at calacademy.org
Thu Nov 15 08:34:04 EST 2012

One aspect of such an exhibit could be to reveal that road-killed specimens provide valuable distribution information.  Search herpeological collections in particular, and you'll find "DOR" [dead on road] specimens that have been photographed or preserved.

Bill

William J. Poly
Research Associate
Department of Ichthyology
California Academy of Sciences
55 Music Concourse Drive, Golden Gate Park
San Francisco, California 94118
wpoly at calacademy.org<mailto:wpoly at calacademy.org>
http://research.calacademy.org/ichthyology/staff/wpoly