[Nhcoll-l] EXT : The Dangerous Museum

Simons, Michael (ES) (Contr) michael.simons at ngc.com
Wed Dec 11 13:40:29 EST 2013

Not in the natural history field any more but in addition to ionizing and non ionizing radiation, asbestos, cadmium, lasers etc we occasionally encountered formally sensitive military electronics with self destruct mechanisms.  We had a bit of a tiff with NASM collection folks recently when we loaned them a pieces of WWII RAF hardware.  The explosive charge (basically a shotgun shell) was removed but I failed to tell them.

Oops!!!

Mike

Michael Aurele Simons
Director