[Nhcoll-l] Hardy casts

Gregory Brown gbrown1 at unl.edu
Fri Dec 13 10:33:42 EST 2013

Epoxy should work well, especially with small to medium Paleozoic invertebrates.  A good mold/cast maker could do a very good job of pigmenting and "nature-faking" with the resin itself so that there is nothing to wear off the surface.  You could also use low-melting-point metals in high-temp silicone, but that's probably more than you need.  Feel free to contact me off-list if you need details.

Greg

Gregory Brown
Chief Preparator Vertebrate Paleontology
University of Nebraska State Museum

Sent from my iPhone
Gregory Brown