[Nhcoll-l] Air-abrasive kits for field work

Christian Baars Christian.Baars at museumwales.ac.uk
Wed May 15 00:57:36 EDT 2013

Dear Rebecca,

Ken Mannion in Lincolnshire/UK http://www.kenmannion.co.uk/ sells a portable set ('fossil preparation blaster') that does not require any electricity. I have no experience with this, as I have a Texas Airsonics AJ-1 and only undertake lab-based work where I can afford the luxury of a compressor, but if I can offer an endorsement - I use some of Ken's equipment and have always found it both competitively priced and reliable. Ken is also a great person to talk to for advice, and he may be aware of other options for you.

Other people who may have an alternative idea are Nigel Larkin (nrlarkin at easynet.co.uk<mailto:nrlarkin at easynet.co.uk>) and Scott Moore-Fay in the UK (Hopleaf at quista.net<mailto:Hopleaf at quista.net>).

Good luck
Christian

Dr Christian Baars
Department of Geology