[Nhcoll-l] Scanning of bound field notes

Bentley, Andrew Charles abentley at ku.edu
Mon May 27 19:01:04 EDT 2013

We are potentially looking at scanning some of our field notes here at KU and I am wondering whether those who have undertaken such an endeavor in the past may have some input as to the best way to scan bound volumes?  These volumes are fairly tightly bound and will not be able to be spread to be photographed or scanned.  They will most likely need to be unbound before any scanning can take place.

Has anyone made use of commercial unbinding, binding and scanning services?  If so who?  Any reviews?  Has anyone undertaken any part of this process themselves i.e. commercial unbinding but then scanning yourself an ending back to be rebound?  Any other options?

Any recommendations from those who have been there before would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Andy

    A  :             A  :             A  :
 }<(((_°>.,.,.,.}<(((_°>.,.,.,.}<)))_°>