[Nhcoll-l] Impact of government shutdown on NOAA (MMPA, ESA) permits

Ellen Paul ellen.paul at verizon.net
Tue Oct 1 10:16:25 EDT 2013

I can find NO Marine Mammal Protection Act regulation or the Joint
USFWS-NMFS regulations for endangered species permits analagous to that
of the USFWS regarding the continuation of permit activities under
expired permits.

I will keep looking, but I don't know how much longer the federal
website that has the Code of Federal Regulations will remain in operation.

For now, those of you conducting research or importing/exporting under
MMPA permits should probably stop once you reach the expiration date.

If anyone has information to the contrary other than the actual
regulation, please share ASAP so I can try to track down the regulatory
source (to confirm) before these websites all go dark.

NO CITES DOCUMENT IS EVER VALID AFTER THE EXPIRATION DATE.

Ellen

Ellen Paul
Executive Director
The Ornithological Council
Email: ellen.paul at verizon.net
Phone (301) 986 8568
"Providing Scientific Information about Birds"
http://www.nmnh.si.edu/BIRDNET"