[Nhcoll-l] Petition to reverse funding cuts for Royal Botanic Gardens Kew (fwd) Re: Globally important .... (Tadesse, Mesfin) HERBARIA

Karen Reeds karenmreeds at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 16:55:27 EDT 2014

Thank you, Ensermu and Mesfin, for this alert. I have just signed the
petition and added this comment:

" Every time I come to the UK, I make a point of visiting RBG Kew and
bringing relatives and friends with me. For me, it  is a great haven in the
London metropolis and one of the Wonders of the world.  Let me give you a
small example of Kew's value as a global scientific and natural resource.
Here in New Jersey, I am actively using Kew's ditigised herbarium
collections as I mentor a inner-city high school student from Liberia on
her science project about medicinal plants in Africa and North America.
 Please restore RBG Kew's funding!"

Karen (with apologies for cross-posting)

Karen Reeds, PhD, FLS karenmreeds at gmail.com
Princeton Research Forum, a community of independent scholars:
http://www.princetonresearchforum.org/
 Guest curator, "Come into a New World: Linnaeus & America"
American Swedish Historical Museum, Philadelphia, 2007
New Jersey State Museum, Trenton NJ, 2008
Catalogue available from Diana Publications
http://www.dianepublishing.net/Come_Into_a_New_World_p/1422363678.htm
ISBN 1-4223-6367-8
Mentor with ScienceMentors 1:1
http://www.sciencementors.org/