[Nhcoll-l] Fwd: 2014 Technical Session on Archives & Special Collections

Watkins-Colwell, Gregory gregory.watkins-colwell at yale.edu
Sat Apr 19 20:11:47 EDT 2014

>From Tim White

~~~
Greg Watkins-Colwell, Yale Peabody Museum of Natural History
Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: "White, Tim" <russell.white at yale.edu<mailto:russell.white at yale.edu>>
Date: April 19, 2014 at 3:19:44 PM EDT
To: "Watkins-Colwell, Gregory" <gregory.watkins-colwell at yale.edu<mailto:gregory.watkins-colwell at yale.edu>>
Subject: FW: 2014 Technical Session on Archives & Special Collections

SPNHC 2014, National Museum of Wales, Cardiff, Wales. June 22-27, 2014.<http://www.museumwales.ac.uk/spnhc2014/>

Managing Archives, Special Collections and Original Source Documentation in Natural History Collections: Challenges and Opportunities.

In the past few years there has been much interest in archival collections from natural history museums, herbaria, botanic gardens and university collections. Through the Council of Library and Information Resources (CLIR) Hidden Collection Program much attention has been drawn to these invaluable resources for historical and scientific research and education. In many instances this documentation holds the clues to the legacy of our institutions, the history of our scientific disciplines and records of biodiversity and global change. Abstract deadline is May 5, 2014. For more information about this session please contact  Tim White (tim.white at yale.edu<mailto:tim.white at yale.edu>).