[Nhcoll-l] repairing shark jaws

Simon Moore couteaufin at btinternet.com
Fri Jan 24 04:46:48 EST 2014

Hi Jason,

When repairing this type of material I find that a papier mache (no colour print on the paper!) mixed with PVA works well but I would only do this type of retsorative work if the item were for display purposes.

Unfortunately the pic didn't quite show the extent of the damage (too close-up!)

With all good wishes, Simon.

Simon Moore MIScT, RSci, FLS, ACR
Conservator of Natural Sciences and Cutlery Historian,
www.natural-history-conservation.com