[Nhcoll-l] Care & Use of Natural History Museum Collections Class--your input requested

Bentley, Andrew Charles abentley at ku.edu
Fri Mar 7 09:50:34 EST 2014

Heather

I would also suggest that you scavenge some course ideas from some of the better natural history track museum studies courses out there.  There is one here at KU and they have outlines of their course material online at:

http://museumstudies.ku.edu/overview

I have also developed a short handout for the collection tours that we give these students outlining some of the aspects they need to be aware of - see attached.  I would be happy to provide any of the materials mentioned therein if this is useful.

I would also have a look at the SPNHC organizations Collection Forum and newsletter for appropriate articles on collection based research - http://www.spnhc.org/19/publications

Hope that helps

Andy

    A  :             A  :             A  :