[Nhcoll-l] Strategic plan/vision for the collection community

cjschmidt at fhsu.edu cjschmidt at fhsu.edu
Thu Jan 22 14:58:58 EST 2015

Continued collecting and fighting those that oppose it :)
______________________________

Curtis J. Schmidt
Zoological Collections Manager
Sternberg Museum of Natural History
Fort Hays State University
3000 Sternberg Drive
Hays, KS  67601
(785) 628-5504 (collections)
(785) 650-2447 (cell)
______________________________

From:   "Sublett, Clayton" <cas100 at SHSU.EDU>
To:     "nhcoll-l at mailman.yale.edu" <nhcoll-l at mailman.yale.edu>
Date:   01/22/2015 11:46 AM
Subject:        [Nhcoll-l] Strategic plan/vision for the collection
community
Sent by:        nhcoll-l-bounces at mailman.yale.edu

Hi all,

Our collection is working on a strategic plan, and, as much as possible, I
would like to work in goals of the natural history collections community.
Does anyone know if there is a strategic vision for natural history
collections/museums?  The Organization for Biological Field Stations
handed out a strategic vision at their 2013 meeting, and I was hoping
something like this existed for collections.  Beyond the push to database,
digitize, and make collection data available online, I'm not sure about
the goals of the community.  Any advice or input would be greatly
appreciated.

Best,
Clayton

Clayton Sublett, B.A.
Collection Manager
Sam Houston State University Natural History Collection
Sam Houston State University
Huntsville, TX 77340
csublett at shsu.edu
Office: (936) 294-4493
Nhcoll-l mailing list
Nhcoll-l at mailman.yale.edu

NHCOLL-L is brought to you by the Society for the Preservation of
Natural History Collections (SPNHC), an international society whose
mission is to improve the preservation, conservation and management of
natural history collections to ensure their continuing value to
society. See https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.spnhc.org&d=AwIBAg&c=-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=CLFZJ3fvGSmDp7xK1dNZfh6uGV_h-8NVlo3fXNoRNzI&m=qsIbYFNiUSsGMsa5XAGsrOXgnLHf_wqTV1k05-N6K6E&s=oamE2HdtNNCICUh_VV1-TvYLSfxeq7THqUr6tEndebw&e=  for membership information.