[Nhcoll-l] Ranking of largest collections -- HELP

Derek Sikes dssikes at alaska.edu
Thu Jan 29 22:46:24 EST 2015

I'll reiterate Karsten's point - lots of people in this email train have
used the term 'specimens' when they should have used 'records' (ie
specimens/lots) because like the MCZ, these numbers are rarely identical.

The University of Alaska Museum Insect Collection has 1,175,392 specimens
databased as 215,693 records (and an unknown number of undatabased
specimens).

-Derek

--

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Derek S. Sikes, Curator of Insects

dssikes at alaska.edu

phone: 907-474-6278
FAX: 907-474-5469

University of Alaska Museum  -  search 287,000 digitized arthropod records
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.uaf.edu_museum_collections_ento_&d=AwIBAw&c=-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=CLFZJ3fvGSmDp7xK1dNZfh6uGV_h-8NVlo3fXNoRNzI&m=AR1wsw0y1OfqXqrzXj6RK-tzYc_D1Nmskues8i0cPeI&s=XFqk2nCSQHGSbbirXdkrokFfxIjv_X-XDlnvXe45kYw&e=

Society and / or sign up for the email listserv "Alaska Entomological
Network" at
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.akentsoc.org_contact.php&d=AwIBAw&c=-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=CLFZJ3fvGSmDp7xK1dNZfh6uGV_h-8NVlo3fXNoRNzI&m=AR1wsw0y1OfqXqrzXj6RK-tzYc_D1Nmskues8i0cPeI&s=YXmUcr93xtTh8owlrg0kOyIt1pfMKJKTGBKn-Yw8a1Q&e=