[Nhcoll-l] Information on collector William Clarke MacIntyre

Christopher Kemp cjkemp at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 12:30:23 EDT 2015

Hi Friends,

I'm looking for biographic information on a fairly prolific specimen
collector named William Clarke MacIntyre (1881-1952). He lived in Ecuador
and his name is written all sorts of different ways: either Wm C.
MacIntyre, or William MacIntyre, or William Clarke-MacIntyre, etc. He seems
to have collected many insects, and also amphibians and mammals. I'm unable
to find out where he was from originally, or what he looked like, or if he
was affiliated with a particular institution, or if he left behind writings
and expedition notes. Is he familiar to anyone?

Thanks,

--ck

--
"I am getting so far out, one day I won't come back at all."

-- William S. Burroughs