[Nhcoll-l] Wet Collection Rennovations

Sarah K. Huber skhuber at vims.edu
Wed Apr 20 12:35:26 EDT 2016

We are putting together an institutional proposal for new and renovated space for our natural history collections at VIMS (primarily fluid preserved specimens of fishes and inverts). If you've been involved in renovating collection space, I would be eager to hear about your experiences. Specifically, are there design components that you love/hate, what kinds of safety measures (fire alarms, drains, escape hatches) have been installed in the space, how are collection storage, prep space, and offices organized, and so on.

Feel free to contact me off-line.

Thanks!

Sarah

Sarah K. Huber, Ph.D.
Curatorial Associate, VIMS Nunnally Ichthyology Collection
Office 804.684.7104 | Collection 804.684.7285
skhuber at vims.edu | www.vims.edu
PO Box 1346 | 1375 Greate Rd., Gloucester Pt., VA 23062