[Nhcoll-l] Surplus specimens

Sullivan, Steven sulliv55 at miamioh.edu
Fri Aug 19 13:37:07 EDT 2016

Dear colleagues,

Over the years on this list I've occasionally seen notes from folks who
have to deaccession specimens that are perfectly sound objects but are no
longer applicable to their collections.  Sometimes they are re-homed
quickly but others seem to languish.  Maybe we can help some of these
latter cases...  Thanks to some recent changes here, we are in the position
to accept a diversity of natural history specimens.  While we can't accept
everything, our mission is broad and we might be able to accept things that
are often difficult to place.  We use mostly mounts and study skins; we use
very few anthropogenic objects unless directly related to biology study.
I'm not promising to accept everything but if you are looking for a home
for surplus specimens, we might be a good one.  Feel free to contact me
off-list any time.

--Steve

Steven M. Sullivan
Director | Hefner Museum of Natural History
Miami University | Oxford, Ohio 45056
Museum: 513-529-4617
Cell:  708-937-6253

Hefner Museum of Natural History
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__miamioh.edu_cas_academics_centers_hefner-2Dmuseum_&d=CwIBaQ&c=-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=CLFZJ3fvGSmDp7xK1dNZfh6uGV_h-8NVlo3fXNoRNzI&m=-dtP013lumxzEfxIX0veqZxbkS2kkg1X6LkBQDHR0Kw&s=Bwc_ft_AH8LLpSbXJvx8xrOXFg6P4Lc-MudB6LZsk08&e= >
Open to the public weekdays 9-4, free admission
*Connecting you to the nature in your neighborhood...and the world.*