[Nhcoll-l] Lungfish Tissue Samples

Rafael A Rivero Vega rafael.rivero2 at upr.edu
Thu Jul 21 13:02:26 EDT 2016

Hello everyone!

I'm currently trying to find lungfishes/lungfish tissue samples that
haven't been fixed in formalin and could provide some sufficiently
high-quality DNA. These samples can come from museum collections or that
long-forgotten vial in the back of your freezer, so long as they've been
preserved in a way that doesn't degrade DNA (collection metadata is a
plus). I'm looking for all lungfish species (6 total) but *Protopterus
amphibius *is of specific interest. Shipping will be covered by me.

Thanks for your time and I hope to hear back from some of you soon!

Cheers,
Rafa

---
*Rafa Rivero*
Universidad de Puerto Rico – Río Piedras
Ecología, Evolución y Biodiversidad
Estudiante Graduado