[Nhcoll-l] Call for active participation in the Legislation & Regulations Committee

Dirk Neumann dirk.neumann at zsm.mwn.de
Tue Jun 14 11:29:34 EDT 2016

Dear colleagues,

We would like to invite you to join and actively support work the
Legislations and Regulations committee (maybe some of you have been
supporting the Legs & Regs in one way or the other e.g. with your post
or questions on NHColl - which is an excellent starting point to become
involved).

Even though I have to admit that drilling through pages of legislative
text or frustrating regulations is definitely not the most interesting
part of our job, we - as researchers and institutions - get increasingly
into contact with or sometimes are challenged by them.

It is impossible for few people to cover all fields of national and
international legislature and to provide expertise - no way, even in a
"harmonised" (legal) word. Thus we thought by forming sub-committees we
can (and hope to) attract people - for example you.

The intended sub-committees would cover the following fields:

1. International Laws & Treaties (such as ABS/NP/CBD, CITES, etc.)
2. International specimen exchange and transportation (e.g. IATA/ICAO,
Phytosanitation/vets, institutional exchange structures like Material
Transfer Agreements, loans - which needs to be covered because of ABS/NP)
3. National Laws (USFWS, national Animal Health, US National Park
Service, etc. and country specific import/export regulations)

If your are attending the SPNHC meeting in Berlin, we would be happy to
get into discussion with you directly and to meet you at the committee
meeting (room /Amethyst 1/,  9:00 AM on Tuesday 21 Jun 2016).

But of course we appreciate and welcome your comments, thoughts and
input via email.

Have a safe trip to Berlin and with best regards

Stepahnie Carson & Dirk Neumann

--

Stephanie D. Carson

Senior Museum Registrar

Office of the Registrar

American Museum of Natural History

79^th St. at Central Park West

New York, NY 10024

Tel: 212-496-3587

Email: scarson at amnh.org

Web: www.amnh.org <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.amnh.org&d=AwIDaQ&c=-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=CLFZJ3fvGSmDp7xK1dNZfh6uGV_h-8NVlo3fXNoRNzI&m=4e3cT0_xCr3AsiGyEodvpi6Gs0HXHwqYQMV6RMJs4F0&s=tAacXeW-ktMC6LgOkRGG-aGn5MonEEy-9aO0lJS14P0&e= >

--
Dirk Neumann

Tel: 089 / 8107-111
Fax: 089 / 8107-300
email: Dirk.Neumann(a)zsm.mwn.de

Postanschrift:

Staatliche Naturwissenschaftliche Sammlungen Bayerns
Zoologische Staatssammlung München
Dirk Neumann, Sektion Ichthyologie / DNA-Labor
Münchhausenstr. 21
81247 München

Besuchen Sie unsere Sammlung:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.zsm.mwn.de_ich_&d=AwIDaQ&c=-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=CLFZJ3fvGSmDp7xK1dNZfh6uGV_h-8NVlo3fXNoRNzI&m=4e3cT0_xCr3AsiGyEodvpi6Gs0HXHwqYQMV6RMJs4F0&s=rJI_uYKx1eTnhzwYde3aAfvIohXfnEeNOqTUe-d8TKo&e=

---------

Dirk Neumann

Tel: +49-89-8107-111
Fax: +49-89-8107-300
email: Dirk.Neumann(a)zsm.mwn.de

postal address:

Bavarian Natural History Collections
The Bavarian State Collection of Zoology
Dirk Neumann, Section Ichthyology / DNA-Lab
Muenchhausenstr. 21
81247 Munich (Germany)

Visit our section at: