[Nhcoll-l] Loans and access to insect collection at UMMZ

Mark O'Brien mfobrien at umich.edu
Mon Nov 7 10:40:24 EST 2016

Dear entomology community --
As many of you are aware, we moved most of our arthropod collections from
the Ruthven Museums Building  to the Research Museums Center at 3600
Varsity Drive back in May.  The move of the Museums of Paleontology,
Anthropology and Zoology continue, and will be ongoing for the next year.
I did not anticipate the staging aspect of the move - and here at Varsity
Drive, there are periods when the temporary storage of crates and specimens
from the other UMMZ divisions prevent access to the Insect Division
collections.  Until that situation changes, I cannot guarantee access to
the collection at any particular time, so please assume this is all a work
in progress until notified otherwise.  Loans and any collection information
requests will be fulfilled as time and access permits such work.

Thank you for your patience. I look forward to being fully operational by
the first quarter of 2017.   Please send any loan returns and mail to me at
the following address:

Mark F. O'Brien

Insect Division, Museum of Zoology

Research Museums Center

The University of Michigan

3600 Varsity Drive

Ann Arbor, MI 48108

Mark F. O'Brien, Collection Manager

Insect Division, Museum of Zoology

Research Museums Center

The University of Michigan

3600 Varsity Drive

Ann Arbor, MI 48108

(734)-647-2199

See us on Facebook! https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.facebook.com_museumofzoology&d=CwIBaQ&c=-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=CLFZJ3fvGSmDp7xK1dNZfh6uGV_h-8NVlo3fXNoRNzI&m=8fGSS1rHnmlqW_L9Ie4KGFeVkzfNsmEV5hZ119yvXag&s=4uAMj0RfOhjDZVXICfJp6n7oY9do9J8OmAGn28YkIgY&e=

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__scholar.google.com_citations-3Fuser-3Dl-5FkVoLMAAAAJ&d=CwIBaQ&c=-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=CLFZJ3fvGSmDp7xK1dNZfh6uGV_h-8NVlo3fXNoRNzI&m=8fGSS1rHnmlqW_L9Ie4KGFeVkzfNsmEV5hZ119yvXag&s=d4vggb5TvBP4IylT2Xg9enMusRKBboVa7vJETCFkOnM&e=